DIY Gel Laundry Soap for 4 Cents Per Load!
If you’re used to washing laundry with liquids or gels, this recipe is for you. You’ll spend just four cents per load of laundry! And there’s nothing quite as satisfying as doing it yourself.
Basic 2-Gallon Liquid Laundry Soap Recipe
Grate one Virginia Soaps & Scents Hogwash Bar.
- Add soap to 6 cups of water in a pot and melt over medium heat until smooth and clear.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in ½ cup of borax and ½ cup of washing soda.
- Pour hot mixture into a bucket and add 22 cups (1 ½ gallons) of water. Stir.
- The mixture can be used immediately but will cool to a heavy gel.
- Use ½ cup for top loading machines and ¼ cup for high-efficiency machines.
- For High-Efficiency machines place soap directly into the drum and not through the detergent dispenser.
* Optional – to fragrance add 1-2 Tablespoons of Virginia Soaps & Scents Laundry Fragrance Oil to the hot mixture.
Love this idea, but need it to be a little easier? Try out our Laundry Soap Kits!