Powdered Laundry Soap DIY – A Years Supply for under $25!
A Year’s Worth of Super Concentrated Powdered Laundry Soap for less than $25!
You will need:
(4) Virginia Soaps & Scents Hogwash Bars.
(1) box of washing soda 3 lb. 7 oz. ( Arm & Hammer)
(1) 4 lb. box of baking soda ( 5 lb. bags available at Sam’s Club)
(1) container of Oxy-Clean 1.3 lb. or any other store brand color safe
bleach or oxygen cleaner such as Purex or Clorox.
Optional – to fragrance add a few drops of Virginia Soaps & Scents Laundry and Linen Fragrance Oil
- Finely grate the soap bars. You can use a blender or food processor for this but add some of the
powdered ingredients to keep from gumming up the works!
- Mix grated soap with the remaining ingredients and store in a covered container.
- Use only 1-2 Tablespoons per load
- For High-Efficiency machines place soap directly into the drum and not through the detergent dispenser.